Sunday, June 23, 2013

One day at a time...

Sunday- travel to Annual Meeting City. I didn't type a post yesterday (Sun) for 2 reasons: 1-I had not had anytime all day to talk to Hubby (he's pretty high up on my priority list, like on top of blogging- by far!) and 2-I feared my constant flow of tears might ruin the keyboard! Yes, it's true - I hit my breaking point! We were just getting settled into Language City and 6 days later we need to take a 2 hour flight to Meeting City. Travel with 2 little ones is just rough- then throw in dirty bathrooms, carrying a stroller up several flights of stairs (no elevator in the airport- seriously!), and the non English speaking woman sitting near you continually handing your cute adorable children CHOCOLATE! After the flight, we had a  45 min car ride to the hotel. Due to all the distractions, Little B had not gotten a nap and decided to throw herself on the floor of the lobby as we are meeting our supervisor's wife. We finally got checked in and arrived at our room...our 4 person room...with only 2 twin beds...and it was on the second floor with no elevator! I know it sounds so dumb, but this was my breaking point! (As Big B saw me crying she asked why I was sad. I said "Mommy is just tired." She got all serious and said, "You cry when you miss someone or you are hurt- so which is it?" Boy do I love that girl!) Well despite my bad attitude, The Father still took care of my needs...or maybe this would be classified as a want! We were able to switch to another location- about a 5 min walk away, but it was a little 2 bedroom cottage. The hotel staff was going to get our room ready while we grabbed some quick dinner. Quick dinner turned into long dinner at Fancy Restaurant - did I mention Brooklyn's lack of a nap? When we finally were able to get to our new room, I noticed that Meeting City's idea of a crib was a little different from mine- not only was it a drop side, but the rail itself was only about a foot tall- I'm pretty sure Little B would have fun climbing out of it in the middle of the night, possibly splitting her head open on the 
nice tile floor! At that moment Little B also thought it was a great time to grab this fun looking paper bag off the counter- the one with a glass hiding underneath it-SMASH!!! ahhhh!!! This is too much for Momma today! Again, the tears come! I just want to be home!!! I called J&J to help with the crib situation- they are awesome! Not only did they know where I could get a pack'n'play, but J also reminded me of something so important- despite all the craziness going on, The Father has a purpose for bringing me here! I know, I forget these obvious things so easily! When you are trying to remember how to say 'Sorry' in New Language (I can't tell you how often I need to apologize over here!), everything else just seems to slip your mind! Thanks J for that loving reminder! And thanks Daddy for using J to remind me! 

Monday- day of meetings. Yeah, I know you want to read all about meetings- don't worry, I'll just skip to the good parts like when I showed up for the class I signed up for -'managing your budget' (you know, the one all the coupon mom's attend since they can't get free groceries in SEA) and realized that only men were in the class because its actually about managing business finances! Oops! And then the best parts of the day, when I picked Little B up from child care and she jumped up in my arms and squeezed me tighter than she ever has before and when we got to take our girls swimming in the BEAUTIFUL pool here (did I mention we are right on the ocean??? It's gorgeous here)! And it only took 45 min for me to sunscreen the girls up- no way I'm letting them get burnt! 

Anyways, things are starting to calm down. We are slowly getting over our jet lag. And we are LOVING life n SEA! Thanks for lifting us up to The Father- He is taking great care of us! Oh and I do miss you all-- maybe that truly is the reason why the tears kept coming, after all 5 year olds do know everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment