Wow! I seriously should have done this months ago! I've never done a blog, but as I stood in my kitchen over whelmed by everything going on around me, I decided to finally give in! Yes, I am officially a BLOGGER!
So here goes- I'll try to condense the past week as too not overwhelm anyone else. Saturday-Monday is a big blur (minus when Betina threw up all over the airport in Germany- I remember that very clearly!) We arrived at our Language house with our 10 suitcases and began unloading (it was close to bedtime, but we were obviously NOT tired- 11 hour time change can do that to you!) Now...where should all the stuff go? These wardrobes have one shelf each and no drawers! How do I stack 12 pairs of size 2T pants without them toppling over? And only one little medicine cabinet for all my toiletries- who are you trying to kid? And the crib- doesn't anyone know the drop side have been recalled? This is the momment when my Father grabs me and says, "Child, its going to be OK!" Plus, didn't I learn in VA that things would be "different"- not wrong, not weird, just different! Deep breath! We can do this!
Tuesday - first trip to the market! Now when I was asked a few months ago if hubby and I could drive stick shift, it was never mentioned that the steering wheel was on the wrong...I mean opposite side of the car and that people here drive on the wro...opposite side of the road (well besides the crazy scooter...ehm...motorcycle drivers- they drive where ever they please! oh and here, they have the right of way! Yes when they pull out right in front of you and you need to slam on your brakes, its ok- thats NORMAL here!) Lets just say it will be a while before I become a taxi driver (or even a soccer mom- actually they like badminton (badmitten???) here so I guess its actually a batminton mom in SEA). OK Back to the market- At this moment the blurriness sets in again. Something about fish heads, weighing eggs in a bag, and $2 for a liter of milk! Maybe I'll figure that all out next time!
Wednesday- trip to Big City! Due to jet lag, hubby and I decided it was ok for him to go see a 2.5 hour movie (plus traffic driving too and from, so lets just round up to oh...6 hours!) with the guys while the girls and I were shauffered around Big City to get some nessesary items like a potty seat (potty training and squaty potties just dont mesh well), bath basin (my Little B doesn't really like water spraying at her face while J&J's tear free soap drips in her eyes- there were LOTs of tears!), and dont forget the salsa (I'm pretty sure my MIL put salsa in my hubby's baby bottles). We also were in search of an umbrella stroller (you know the $12 ones they sell at walmart?)- well the strollers here were about 1699900...so after I got out my handy dandy converter (dont judge!), I realized they were $170! Apparently its a luxury here to push your 28lb baby around rather than carrying her in a scarf wrapped around your body a few times! Oh well- Guess I'll carry her around and grab a Magnum Ice Cream bar for $0.99 instead (if you have never tried one of these- head to your local walmart immediatly! goodbye Dove bars!) My Father knew I needed to live in a place where ice cream was available 24/7! Thank you Daddy!
Thursday- time to rest! Our wonderful guide (she is the wonderful woman who picked out and furnished our house and has been sacrificing her time to aid this helpless family! she's amazing!) decided to let us rest a bit! Today was picnic day with some great friends! So glad J&J and Little G are here! I'm not sure what we ate for lunch, it looked...different (my new fav. word!) but honestly, it was delish!
Friday- first adventure without a translator! Hubby decided it would be fun to take a taxi to Big City (we might die if we tried to drive ourselves), so off we went! It was nice to have some family alone time and to go to a mall that made us feel at home (minus no one speaking our language- "Bathroom?"... "Oh Barfume!" motions for us to follow...to the parfume! (how can i communicate "potty break" without this being too awkward!) "Um...change diaper?" as I pull out a diaper..."Oh ok, follow" as she leads us to the diaper aisle... "NO! I have diapers, I just need to put my 2 year old on a potty now because we are potty training and she might pee on your floor!" No, I didn't actually say that! Eventually I found Little B a potty and she was still DRY! Mom on the other hand got soaked from the crazy faucet trying to wash hands- live and learn!) We did manage to find a taxi and get home safely- my man is wonderful!
Before I go, I wanted to add some encouragement to all this craziness! Big B keeps asking us how to say "The Father" in SEA language. Then she ran around the park saying "Daddy." (even if she cant tell her friends the whole story, she will tell them his name!) A few minutes later she asked how to say "heart." I asked her why she wanted to say heart- she looked at me with the most precious look and said "Because I wanna tell my friends at the park that Daddy hearts them!" Despite all the uncertainty going on around us, there is one thing I always know- Daddy hearts me! Thanks Big B for reminding me!
I love this!!! So fun! I will join you in the blogging, I promise.
ReplyDelete